My idea is the best.
- Over Christmas in 2017 I found an old box stored in the loft at my Mum's house
- Inside, amongst baby photos and first shoes, was a bundle of postcards collected by my late Grandmother, Lucy.
- In the 1950s she travelled Europe with her friends through France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Taking photographs wasn't so simple back then so, instead, she collected a postcard from each place she visited.
- I knew I wanted to tell the story of Lucy's journey but, sadly, I missed my opportunity to ask her about her youth.
- I realised that I still wanted to create something with these mementos; something to tell the story of the journey, even if I coudldn't tell her's;
- So, since the beginning of 2018, I've enjoyed writing short stories on these postcards — inspired by where Lucy found them — and sending them to family and friends. I've collected them here, I hope you enjoy them too.